Winter trekking in Dalhousie is a famous hike. In winter, the town remains snow covered and it gives a chance to learn and understand the Nature in a different way. At an altitude of 8000 feet above the sea level, and 9 km trek from Dalhousie, it is a perfect small Himalayan village: Kalatop
Dalhousie – Chamba is an easy trek in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. The region has one of the finest deodar forests in Himalayas. In peak winter time, this trek is also a great snow trekking adventure. The highlights of this trek are: Lovely views of Dhaualdhar and Pir Panjal ranges, Trekking through rich pine and deodar forests. Khajjiar is also known as ‘Mini Switzerland’. The highest peak of Chamba region is Dainkund peak. where the history of witches is involved. From the height of 9500ft the mighty mountains appear very close. e.g; Mount Kailash & Mount Trishul. Halfway through the trek you will see a cottage sort of a point where a panoramic 360 degree view of the Himalayas is visible. The sight is indeed extremely beautiful and made the trek worth all the effort.
Himshikhar explore some untouched places in Dalhousie. where you can find he peace and happiness from the city hustle. The close up view of whole Pir – Panjal Range can be shown from there only. The clouds were playing hide and seek to give a blissful sight of the lush green mountains. The most coldest village of Chamba region and deep dense forest covered with white snow make the atmosphere like Heaven.
Trail type: – Through the dense forest of Deodar & Pine trees
Grade: – Easy to moderate
Region: -Himachal Pradesh
Accoodation Type :- Hotel & Huts
|GRADE||Easy to moderate|
|Select City||Rajkot To Rajkot, Ahemdabad To Ahemdabad|
Rajkot/Ahmedabad to Pathankot
- Train journey Day 1
Pathankot to Dalhousie
- Train Journey Day 2
- Reached Pathankot in the evening
- leave for Dalhousie
- At night Check-in into Dalhousie
- Dinner & briefing
- Trek to Campsite 1
- Acclimatization day
- Trek activities & fun games
- Visit to untouched places & briefing
Kalatop - 8000 ft
- Early morning warm-ups & breakfast
- After breakfast Steep ascent trek to Kalatop
- Trek through the Deodar forest
- Lunch & Tent allotment
- Team games and night halt
- Dinner & Campfire
Dainkund - 9700 ft
- Breakfast & moved to lakkadmandi
- Trek to highest point of Dalhousie – 9700 ft
- Enjoy the mesmerizing view of Pir panjal range
- Panoramic view of pir panjal and dhauladhar ranges
- After spending time to hilltop, Retrace your way to Kalatop
- Visit Khajjiar by vehicle
- Paragliding & free time at Khajjiar
- Moved to dalhouise
- Free time at dalhousie in the evening
Return for Pathankot
- moved to Pathankot
- Check-in into Raliway station
- Overnight Journey for Ahmedabad
Arrival at Ahmedabad
- Return Ahmedabad ‘
- Return Rajkot at night
Trekking shoes or sports shoes
Backpack (40-60 liters)
- woolen material (Jacket, sweater, cap, muffler, etc..)
- 2 pairs of cloth (do not carry Jeans)
- Socks (2 pairs)
- Headlamp / LED torch
- Toiletries (moisturizer, sunscreen, balm, toothpaste & toothbrush, towel)
- (Zip bag for wet wipes, tissues and sanitary napkins)
- Cutlery (Mug, spoon, lunch box)
- Water bottles-2 (1 litre each)
- Plastic bags (for wet clothes)
- Medicines (painkiller, ORS, Anti fungal powder, cotton, band aid, antiseptic cream, etc.. )
The registration can be done online by clicking given Register now option on website.
There are 3 way for fees payment…
- Online Fees Payment (Coming soon)
- Direct Bank Transfer
- Cash Payment at Office
Registration is considered as confirmed only on fees submission.
The registration will be done on first come first serve basis
How to organize a special camp?
Special camps can be organized by sending a request application on a mail ID email@example.com
Superb Trek Experience with well trained and professional Guide and Team leader. It was superb experience of Exploring the Dalhousie. The Food was super Awesome. It was feeling like the “Food is really so tasty its because of environment”. Thanks to Himshikhar Treks & Advneture.
Thrilling experience of 6 days with
many beautiful memories in dalhousie. most memorable trek ever
Team leaders are nice and friendly.
Trek with friends in range of beautiful pir panjal forest, there was an amazing experience
Strongly recommend to do trek with himshikhartreks
Awesome & great 👌👌👌
Had an amazing trek experience. Well it was my first trek and its gonna be the most memorable trek ever.The team leaders are very nice and friendly.
To be honest it was an amazing experience.
It was a wonderful experience with Himshikhar in Dalhousie. It was my first trek experience and I am here truly inspired to go ahead in adventures.
Amazing experience with supportive leaders and team.
Places, activities, guidance, thrilling experiences and friendly team had made unforgettable memories together…
It was a really great experience with Himshikhar! Had an amazing trekking experience! Team leaders are so much supportive and friendly! Looking forward for more trekking experience with Himshikhar!
Trek at Dalhousie wid Himshikhar was my first winter trek and the best one 😍The Team leaders are soo much supportive and friendly 😊 also the food was good quality 🍲😋 Nd yes it was soo hard to walk but all the Instructors were helpful so Trek was successfully completed. Thank you for such a good company 😅 & will surely like to have so many trips wid himshikhar 👍
Himshikhar is a package full of fun and entertainment 🎁👌
Leave a Review