Chadar trek is one of the most glamorous trek in India. The Chadar frozen river trek is an extremely glamorous trek. Chadar trek is one for the adrenaline-junkies that like to go all in or all out. This trek will give you a chance to walk on the frozen Zanskar River. It is a huge favourite among Indians and travellers from abroad. Meant to be tried only by seasoned professionals, Chadar river trek is about endurance, focus and fitness.
The beauty of this region attracts a lot of visitors, but its harsh and deserted environment is quite demanding. On a Zanskar Valley trek, you would meet the locals and understand their way of living in one of the most uninhabitable regions in the world; some locals stay in the camps alongside the banks. Meeting with these locals who sustain a challenging lifestyle or a livelihood in these conditions is sure to charge you up.
The temperature, in general, is twenty degrees below the freezing point and sometimes goes even further below. So, one should try to generate sufficient body heat by walking over sustained periods of time. Lastly, although investing in durable footwear is advised for all treks, this one highly demands it. Anyone who returns from the Chadar trek adds to the aura around it by talking about the conditions in a revering way.
The Chadar frozen river trek is an experience for the brave-hearted that seek thrill through responsible eco-tourism. The weather and terrain might shake your confidence a bit but if you can surpass that then the journey to this land will be the most enrich experience of your life.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Leh, Jammu & Kashmir|
|WEAR||Comfortable wear, track pants (No jeans), Gum boots, crampons, winter jackets|
|INCLUDED|| Stay in Hotel & Tents
Tents, Sleeping bags, separate toilet tents.
Support staff & Instructor fees
|Breakfast, tea/coffee & all meals during trek (Veg/Non.Veg)
Transportation from leh to start point.
Permit fees, Safety.
|NOT INCLUDED|| Emergency evacuation charges and insurance
Any monastery entrance fees, Any Joy ride or rafting.
|Food in Leh, buffer day.
which is not include above.
Porter to carry personal luggage
- Arrival at Leh
- Explore leh & acclimatize well in weather
- Drive leh to Tsomo cave via chilling and tilat sumdo
- Tsomo Cave to Dip
- Dip to Nerak
- Zankar frozen river and frozen ice waterfall
- Exlpore and enjoy the world’s one and only frozen river trek.
- Nerak to Dip
- Dip to tsomo cave
- Drive back to Leh
- Back to home with the memories of lifetime adventure
(THE SCHEDULE MAY VARY DEPEND ON WEATHER AND OTHER CONDITIONS)
Region: Leh, Ladakh, J & K
Duration: 9 Days
Max Altitude: 11,100 Ft.
Trekking Km: 62 Km
|select city||Leh To Leh|
Arrival at Leh
- Arrival at leh airport
- Reached to Leh Market
- Check-in into hotel
- Full day rest for relaxation of body
- Acclimatization in -10degrees to -15degrees
Acclimatization in Leh
- Early morning medical check-up
- Acclimatization trek around leh
- Setup your body in temprature & lugguage
- ready to trek and backpacking
- In the morning departure from Leh to Tsomo cave .
- In private jeeps off to Tsomo cave.
- Drive via chilling and Tilat sumdo.
- Trek to Tsomo cave . (2-3 hours).
- Night stay in campsite at tsomo .
- After exploring Tsomo Cave.
- 6-7 hrs of trek after breakfast at tsomo,
- Trek to Tsomo Cave to Dip cave.
- You will move forward to Dip cave .
- Hot lunch in between the way .
- And night stay in campsite of Dipcave.
- After breakfast at Dip camp ready for frozen river trek.
- Trek from Dip cave to Nerak
- 6-7 hrs of trek ( Dip to Nerak)
- Visit Nerak along with Zanskar river (Frozen river)
- Frozen waterfall – The most magnificent waterfall.
- You will move towards your destination (Nerak waterfall & Zanskar frozen river).
- Hot lunch on the way and night stay will be at Nerak camp.
- Enjoy the most popular trek to frozen world.
Nerak to Dip cave
- Early morning breakfast at Nerak.
- After reaching the final point (Nerak) ready to back.
- You will moved back to Dip cave throughout the trek .
- You will be served hot lunch on the way
- Night stay will be at Dip Cave capsite.
- Dip camp to Dambuchan camp / Tsomo .
- Follow the Same route and night stay will be at camp Dambuchan / tsomo
Tsomo to leh
- Dambuchan /tsomo to leh .
- Half day of trek till bus stop where our jeeps will be ready
- Drive back to leh.
- Hotel check-in
Leh to Delhi
- Checkout from hotel
- Dispersed with lots of unforgettable memories.
- Leh to Delhi
Trekking shoes with good grip ( avoid sports shoes )
Backpack (40-60 liters)
- Warm layers (2 pairs)
- 2 trek pants
- 2 t-shirts or fleece
- Thermals * (optional)
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Socks (2 pairs)
- Headlamp / LED torch
- Toiletries (moisturizer, sunscreen, balm, toothpaste & toothbrush, towel)
- (Zip bag for wet wipes, tissues and sanitary napkins)
- Cutlery (Mug, spoon, lunch box)
- Water bottles-2 (1 litre each)
- Plastic bags (for wet clothes)
- Medicines (painkiller, ORS, Anti fungal powder, cotton, band aid, antiseptic cream, etc.. )
The registration can be done online by clicking given Register now option on website.
There are 3 way for fees payment…
- Online Fees Payment (Coming soon)
- Direct Bank Transfer
- Cash Payment at Office
Registration is considered as confirmed only on fees submission.
The registration will be done on first come first serve basis
How to organize a special camp?
Special camps can be organized by sending a request application on a mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org