Chandrashila & Deoriatal trek is the Entrance into the Himalayas for beginners. For experienced trekkers this trek also gives great Goosebumps by splendid views. A well-loved trek for mountain goers of all kinds, this trek flourishes with blossoms, especially rhododendrons red and pink, in summer time while winters are a hazy shade with enough scopes to have a ball in spilling snow. The whole tour covers a swoop to the Chandrashila Peak, passing by the enchanting Deoriatal lake side, and opens up a gallery of stunning snow peaks all the way. Deoriatal is in itself a gorgeous trek. The forest trails and the summit climb are unmatched! If you add to this the soft snow, colorful rhododendrons and the numerous species of birds found here, you will never want to leave this piece of heaven! There are three things that are really stunning about the Deoriatal-Chandrashila peak trek. From the summit point of Chandrashila you can see Mt.Chaukhmba, Mt. Neelkanth, Mt. Bhagirathi from the one side and on the other side you can see Mt. Nandadevi, Mt. Maiktoli, Mt.Trishul. India’s highest summit Mt. Nandadevi you can see of Chandrashila peak. It’s not just summit point but you can get closeup of every peak. You could be a nature treasurer, bird watching amateur, or a shutterbug with a dream of capturing the drama in the highlands; Chopta -Chandrashila-Deorital is a trek for all and fails none.
The first big stop on the trek comes with Deoriatal. Situated at a good height of 7, 800 feet, the lake is gripped with forests all around. At a short distance ahead, the Chaukhamba massif glistens and the reflection of it is caught in the crystal-like waters of the lake. The effect is striking. The site is steeped in myths. As goes the story, the five pandava brothers from the Mahabharata, once thirsty, had come to the waters of Deoriatal and faced a test of wisdom. Next up on the line of visual ecstasies are the extensive meadows that turn to snow fields along the way to Chopta. As one furthers up the trail, great peaks jump to view – Bandarppoonch, Kedar, and Chaukhamba to name a few. These stellar features of Garhwal Himalayas promise to get more elucidated from the zenith of Chandrashila, so the motivation is never lost and one goes on until the end of the summit stretch at the Tunganath temple.
Region: – Uttarakhand (Haridwar)
Duration: – 09 Days / 08 Nights
Grade: – Easy
Max Altitude: – 13,100 Ft.
Trail Type: –A cross over trail through forest
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Rajkot, Gujarat.|
|select city||Rajkot To Rajkot, Ahmedabad To Ahmedabad|
- Depart from Ahmedabad to Haridwar
- meeting at Ahmedabad railway station
- Ticket distribution & briefing
- 10:00 Train time for Haridwar
- Arrival at Haridwar 12:20 PM.
- Free time in Haridwar
- Explore Haridwar by your own
- Dinner & room allotment
(Rooms will be on sharing basis)
- Departure for Chopta in Early morning.
- Travel 232km to Chopta via private vehicle
- Breakfast & Lunch will be providing on the way….
- Reach chopta in the evening.
- Room allotment on sharing basis
- Dinner & briefing
- Breakfast early in the morning
- Trek to Tungnath & chandrashila peak.
- Tungnathis the highest Shiva temple in the world and is the highest of the five panch kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in The Tunganath (literal meaning: Lord of the peaks).
It is located at an altitude of 3,460 m (11,352 ft), and just below the peak of Chandrashila peak.
- The Tunganath is indelibly linked to the origin of the Panch Kedar temples built by the Pandavas.
- Chandrashilais summit of the Tungnath. It literally means “Moon Rock”. It is located at a height of about 4,100 metres (13,500 ft) above sea level.
- Trek to Tungnath/Chandrashila and back to Chopta. (12km trek)
- Dinner and Stay in Chopta.
- Drive to Sari (75km).
- The journey of sari picturesque, as you passes through Devaprayag, the confluence of rivers Alakananda and Bhagirathi to form river Ganga. The entire journey traverses the mountain side, with the river flowing below you.
- Trek to Deoriatal and back (6km trek).
- Deoriatal trek is woth to visit, it has splendid location with larger place to roam
- The scenic is very peaceful with spectacular views of the larger Himalaya. Deoriatal is at an altitude of 2,438 meters, it has heavily wooded, lush green surroundings with snow-covered mountains in the backdrop. Back to our campsite at Chopta
- Wake up call Early in the morning
- leave for Haridwar (232km)
- Lunch will be provide on the way. Reach Haridwar by evening. Room allocation and free time for sightseeing in Haridwar.
- Free Day for participant.
- Breakfast & Dinner
- (In free day participant explore nearby place like Rishikesh & Mussoorie)
- Night Stay in Haridwar.
- Breakfast & lunch
- Depart from Haridwar 3:30pm for Ahmedabad
- Overnight journey in train
- Arrival at Ahmedabad 5:10 pm
- We keep Day 7 as a buffer day. If there some emergency like heavy snow fall or traffic jam happens, we can manage our schedule against those incidents. And if camp going well and finished on time we can explore nearby place on free day…
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (30-40 liters)
- 2 trek pants
- 2 t-shirts or fleece
- poncho or Raincoat
- Thermals * (optional)
- Socks (3-4 pairs)
- Headlamp / LED torch
- Toiletries (moisturizer, sunscreen, balm, toothpaste & toothbrush, towel)
- (Zip bag for wet wipes, tissues and sanitary napkins)
- Cutlery (Mug, spoon, lunch box)
- Water bottles-2 (1 litre each)
- Plastic bags (for wet clothes)
- Medicines (painkiller, ORS, Anti fungal powder, cotton, band aid, antiseptic cream, etc.. )
The registration can be done online by clicking given Register now option on website.
There are 3 way for fees payment…
- Online Fees Payment (Coming soon)
- Direct Bank Transfer
- Cash Payment at Office
Registration is considered as confirmed only on fees submission.
The registration will be done on first come first serve basis
How to organize a special camp?
Special camps can be organized by sending a request application on a mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org